Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On the road again...

Happy Tuesday!  We spent another weekend travelling home to West.  I think I've seen my parents more living three hours away than I did when we lived 10 minutes down the road! I do it as an excuse to "sleep" with Taylor in her twin size bed (please note the sarcasm), "sleeping" meaning being hit in the eye with an elbow, covers stolen all night and half of my body hanging off the edge of the bed.

But this was a REALLY great weekend.  I had the extreme opportunity to photograph my best friend Tara for her bridal pictures. She looked so beautiful in her dress, and we had quite an adventure climbing, bending and posing to capture the perfect pictures. I know what you're asking, and no way, out of respect for the bride you'll have to wait to see them until after the wedding, January 28.

After the photo session, I headed over to Aunt Evelyn's house (Caleb's aunt) for the Petter Family Christmas. We try to wait until the beginning of the year in hopes of everyone's schedules being free. It has been a pretty successful tactic, but several from our group were sick this year.  Of course, fun was had by all!  Aunt Evelyn's driveway is the best!


From left to right: Alfred (Caleb's dad), Uncle Robert, Caleb, Brian and Uncle Anthony holding Brian's son Hunter

From left to right: Aunt Evelyn, me, Sarah, Elizabeth, Lisa, Aunt Teresa and Kelciey holding Lilly
Another fantastic part of the weekend- my dad was featured as a guest columnist for the Waco Tribune Herald!  Last week, dad wrote a letter to Hillcrest Hospital in appreciation for the superior care and service my mom received while going through her breast cancer surgeries.  OF COURSE, he asked me to edit the letter before sending it (which is the only reason it was featured in the newspaper, but don't tell dad). If you don't know much about me, know just one thing...I'm an editing nerd!  I love words- writing, editing, reading and learning.  Because he was interested in submitting it to the newspaper, I took more of an article-style approach to it.

Very proud for my dad and happy I was able to help.  Unfortunately, the link to the article isn't active unless you have an account with the Herald.  I'll post the PDF soon.



Catch ya on the Sunny Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment