Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last semester

Geez!  Where did the summer go?!  I'm so happy to be back in school and finishing my last semester.  I absolutely love all of my classes and I'm looking forward to all the projects I have coming up. I have great opportunities to do a lot of different things, which is perfect because I still don't know what I want to do after graduation.  When you get to the end of your college experience you have constant moments of questioning.  Did I get the right degree?  What big girl job do I really want?  How far do I want to go?  What am I REALLY good at?

This past year has been so difficult and crazy for me.  Being diagnosed with Meniere's Disease, taking steroid injections in my ear, losing my hearing and having surgery completely exhausted me.  I felt blessed after surgery because I made it through my wedding and honeymoon with no problems and I was back to normal.  Now it seems that all my problems have returned and my world is once again spinning (literally). I'm back on meds and just finished another round of steriod injections.  My moments of questioning are not so much about my life after college, but just about my life.  If anything I feel that I'm learning more from myself than I am in classrooms.  Everyday I learn how to look out the window and thank God for another day of breathing.  I learn how to be patient and take things slow. I learn how to to tilt my head just right so I can hear the person next to me.  I learn where the closest parking is.  I learn when to keep blogging and when it's time for bed!  But most of all, I learn to trust in THE PLAN. 

There's a reason for everything.  God has everyone on a path and it's the path he has chosen.  He's just making me stronger for whatever is in my future and he wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle.  I'm lucky that I have a great support system to hold me up: husband, parents, friends, co-workers and even professors.

There's always a sunny side!  And if you can't find it, just keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment